I’ve been making these gooey caramel-filled cookies for about a decade. Let me tell you, they’re a real crowd-pleaser. Swap out half the mix with Reese’s peanut butter cups for a mix-and-match batch!
1 cup (128 g) butter, softened
1 cup (128 g) white sugar
1 cup (128 g) packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla paste
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups (160 g) flour
3/4 cup (96 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
48 Rolo caramel candies (you can use mini Reese’s peanut butter cups too)
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white and brown sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla paste.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter/sugar mix, beating well.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Break off enough dough to wrap around a Rolo or Reese’s candy. Roll into a smooth ball. Place balls on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool for 3-4 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
Leave a comment below to let me know how you like it!